As a public sector organisation Hartlepool and Stockton CCG is statutorily required to ensure that equality, diversity and human rights are embedded into all our functions and activities as per the Equality Act 2010, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the NHS Constitution.
In the exercise of our functions we will have due regard towards the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Foster good relations between people who share protected characteristics and those who do not
This means that we should:
- Work towards removing or minimising disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics
- Take steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of other people
- Encourage people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is disproportionately low
Our aim is to uphold these objectives and to close the gap in health inequalities.